Showing 13–15 of 15 results
Health care professionals who enroll in this course will gain the knowledge and skills to address tobacco use with patients, including:
- The specifics risks and consequences of tobacco use on the body
- How to deliver a tobacco intervention in less than three minutes
- Effective communications techniques for addressing tobacco with patients
- How to make referrals to New Mexico Tobacco Cessation Services and other appropriate resources
- CME-Designated Activity (1.00 prescribed credits)
VAPE is a one hour documentary and outreach campaign about the use of E-cigarettes especially in the youth community so parents, educators, community leaders and especially juveniles understand the spectrum of health issues and dangers associated with these products. www.nmvape.info
Why Should Behavioral Health Providers Treat Nicotine and Tobacco Use Dependence?
temporarily increase the negative symptoms of mental health concerns
Associated with an improvement in mood and quality of life.
Reduction in depression, anxiety, and stress, particularly in those with psychiatric disorders.
Behavioral Health Outcomes
Behavioral health and substance use treatment outcomes can be improved.
Mind and Body Connection
Improving physical health can influence mental health.